Monday, May 08, 2006

So I Guess I'm Pretty Much Done with School

Boy that's odd to think. I've spent more or less the past 17-18 years of my life going to school and now I'm done with it. That could easily be a quarter to a third of my life, even if I live a relatively long time. Now all I have left is student teaching and I'm done. I haven't really gotten to upset about school ending. I guess part of this is from moving around so much as a kid. I guess I just sort of have as my frame of reference that you are supposed to say somewhere for a while and than you leave, often never to see any of those people again. However, I think another part of it is that I'm ready to be done with college. This is not to say I didn't love college. The past four years, and the past year especially, have been probobly been one of the best times in my life. But I really do feel that I've accomplished all that I can in college. I'm ready to go out and try to do something productive with my life. And yeah, maybe I'll fail, but whats the fun in trying if theres no chance of failure? Theres a lot of changes coming up in my life... I'm buying a new car this week, moving to a new appartment in a new city next week, hopefully getting a new job that same week, and starting my new hopefully permanant carear in the fall. And to tell you the truth, yeah maybe I'm a little scared, but mostly I'm just excited. I'm coming off what is probobly the best year of my life, and hopefully things will just keep getting better.

Wow, I got really serious there didn't I? I'll try to come back in a couple hours and post some movie rankings or something about graphic novels or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Okay so yeah. I just found your blog, and um...

all the time I've wasted not reading your blog! GAH!

Oh, and what a year you are about to have. It's cool that you have such a good attitude about it all. That'll help if you hit any bumps in the road.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home