Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ranked Huge Backlog of Songs

I've spent nearly two hours ranking sons just now. It comes almost entirely from the 6 or 7 albums I borrowed from Zach and put on my computer. I will display for you only the rankings of the songs that made it into the top 600. But bare in mind for every one song that made it two did not, and each descision hade to be made carefully and precicely. Here they are, in order of ranking are:

Another Traveling Song, Bright Eyes - 129
Road to Joy, Bright Eyes - 240
At the Bottom of Everything, Bright Eyes - 289
Kamera, Wilco - 352
Airline to Heaven, Wilco - 457
Shot in the Arm, Wilco - 472
Heavy Metal Drummer, Wilco - 508
Hypnotize, White Stripes - 535
I'm the Man Who Loves You, Wilco - 548
Walt Witmans Niece, Billy Bragg - 562
Hoodoo Voodoo, Wilco - 571

That's it, that's all of the songs I got from Zach finally ranked. This offered a couple changes for my top 50 bands. For one the mere 66 points this garnered The White Stripes was enough to move them past Velvet Underground into the 24th spot. And more importantly these songs put a new band on the list. Bright Eyes, with 1145 points has debuted in 38th place... not bad for a band experienceing its first wave of rankings... and further impressive because it was done with only 3 songs. Wilco, in spite of the fact that they gained many spots on the list got only about 700 points. While this doesn't quite get them on the list, they are now only about 200 points away... this means if I find one more song by Wilco that I like enough to put it in the top 400 their in. Well, it was a lot of work but at least now I know where all these bands stand.

Oh, and I ranked the song "Rock and Roll McDonalds" by Wesley Willis, its number 452.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home