Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Some Important Facts about "The Watchmen"

1. I read it for roughly 8 hours last night between the hours of 9:30PM and 5:30AM.
2. Taking a causual glance it is likely to fall somewhere inbetween number 10 and number 20 on my ultimate book list. Thus making the best novel I have read in over 2 years.
3. Yes, I just said that about a graphic novel.
4. This has the potential to put Allan Moore into my top 10 writers of all time, this would put two authors in this catagory who work soully in the Graphic Novel medium.
5. The character of Rorshach may be one of my five all time favorite characters in any book ever written.
6. This book also contains one of my favorite quotes from any book ever. Rorshach is arrested, and thus forced to go to a prison full of men that he has put behind bars of the years. There is an incedent in the mess hall where an inmate tries to kill him and Rorshach throws a vat of burning fat in his face. As the gaurds haul him away he looks at the angry and horrified inmates who all want to rape, tourture, and murder him and says... "you don't get it do you? I'm not suck in here with you... your stuck in here with me!" It is a wonderful line which I may take time to discuss further, perhaps in some other medium. But as for now, I gotta go to class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home