Thursday, March 30, 2006

Frank Miller now number 5 writer of all time

This is quite simply amazing. I guess its not that amazing, I read 6 graphic novels by him. That means I like spent over 9 hours reading his material. And guess what, I loved every second of it. While I don't like the idea of a graphic novel writer being in my top 5, theres simply nothing I can do about it. Frank Miller is a fantastic writer, and evidently my 5th favorite author of all time.



Obviously the addition of 11 stories to the top 50 graphic novels will have much more of an effect on the points used to determine my top 30 authors, for now I will just be impressed by the fact that I have a new 5th favorite author.

Top Ten Authors of all time (with points):
1. Richard Matheson, 1139
2. Stephen King, 790
3. JK Rowling, 460
4. Kurt Vonnegut, 384
5. Frank Miller, 375
6. JRR Tolkien, 326
7. Michael Creighton, 263
8. Douglas Adams, 263
9. Forest Carter, 244
10. Peter Tonkin, 147

2 Comments:

Blogger ZT Krugman said...

Hey, now that your all into graphic novels, you should read Maus. One of my favorite books I have ever read for school (and in general). Only quandry it will bring up is whether to count parts I and II as the same book or separate books. I would lean towards counting them as one...but whatever...also, it might give you nightmares.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Blake Stockdale said...

Actually I was very tempted to read maus, perhaps I will do just that.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home