Monday, March 27, 2006

Extremely Difficult List

I think we all know it has to come up eventually. I have done movies, books, songs, TV Shows, all my favorite mediums of entertainment. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to get around to creating some sort of "ultimate Video Game list". But the thing is, I have played hundreds of video games in my life. This will be almost as daunting a task as the creation of the ultimate movie list was when it was first created in 2002. I suppose I could limit it to a certain number so that I don't have to remember the minor insignificant games I have played. But I don't think I could respect myself by doing any less than 100 games. Really there should probobly be 200, maybe 250. But we'll have to wait and see what I can come up with. Also, how do I handle seires games like Madden. Do I put like 14 years of Madden on the list? Can I really distinguish which I liked better Madden 97' or Madden 98'? I have no concept of their differences. And can a clump all the maddens and Tripple Plays and World Cups and NHLs together but distinguish between different Resident Evils, and Marios, and Metal Gears?
Flash of Brilliance!!! I can count games that automatically come out with one new title per year such as Madden as single games, but games that come out with periodic sequals as independent games. Thus the list can include all 5 resident evils, but will only have one Madden, one Tiger Woods, etc.
Well, even with that taken care of there are a dozen other problems to deal with. I don't know when I can get this list started, and even when I do start it I doubt I'll get it done before summer.
But hey, Rome was not built in a day I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home