Sunday, January 22, 2006

Best of Lists

Hey, I had some time to kill so I have created a seires of Best-Of lists for several of my favorite bands, and I thought I would post them.

Top 30 Warren Zevon songs:
1. I Was in the House When the House Burned Down
2. Mr. Bad Example
3. The Factory
4. Even a Dog can Shake Hands
5. Indifference of Heaven (Live Accustic)
6. My Rides Here
7. Numb as a Statue
8. Rest of the Night
9. Things to Do in Denver When Your Dead (Live Version)
10. Battleship Chains (With Hindu Love Gods)
11. Ain’t That Pretty at All
12. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
13. Angle Dressed in Black
14. Gorilla You’re a Desperado
15. Piano Fighter (Live)
16. Iko-Iko
17. Lawyers, Guns, and Money (Live Accustic)
18. Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me
19. Mama Couldn’t Be Pursuaded
20. Porceline Monkey
21. Trouble Waiting to Happen
22. Play it All Night Long
23. The Envoy
24. Disorder in the House
25. A Certain Girl
26. Seminole Bingo
27. Cadillac Ranch
28. Werewolves of London (Live Accustic)
29. Vigilanti Man (With Hindu Love Gods)
30. Turbulance

Top 25 Modest Mouse Songs
1. Teeth Like God’s Shoeshine
2. Cowboy Dan
3. Tiny Cities Made of Ashes
4. The View
5. A Different City
6. Wild Pack of Family Dogs
7. Might
8. So Much Beuty in Dirt
9. Lounge (Closing Time)
10. All Night Diner
11. What People are Made of
12. Dance Hall
13. Polar Opposites
14. Three Inch Horses Two Faced Monsters
15. Convinent Parking
16. Lounge
17. Paper Thin Walls
18. Float On
19. The Good Times are Killing Me
20. Trucker’s Atlas
21. Trailer Trash
22. Shit Luck
23. Bury Me With It
24. Breakthrough
25. Black Cadillacs

Top 20 Beck Songs
1. Loser
2. Beercan
3. Mixed Bizness
4. Soul Suckin’ Jerk
5. Lost Cause
6. Keg Party Girls (Demo)
7. I Ain’t Got no Home in This World Anymore (Live Accustic)
8. Sex Laws
9. E-Pro
10. Satan Gave Me a Taco
11. Minus
12. Sweet Sunshine
13. Mutherfucker
14. High Five
15. Sissyneck
16. Pressure Zone
17. Where It’s At
18. Novacain
19. Devil’s aircut
20. Scarecrow

Top 15 Violent Fems Songs
1. 36-24-36
2. Out the Window
3. Kiss Off
4. Lies
5. Add it Up
6. I’m Nothing
7. Blister in the Son
8. Life is an Adventure
9. Country Death Song
10. Dahmer is Dead
11. Dance Mutherfucker
12. Prove My Love
13. Special
14. Held Her in My Arms
15. Waiting for a Bus

Top 15 Bruce Springsteen Songs
1. Growing Up (Accustic Demo)
2. Highway Patrolman
3. The Big Payback
4. From Small Things
5. Born to Run (Live Accustic Version)
6. My Rides Here
7. My Hometown (Rockabilly Version)
8. This Land is Your Land (Live Accustic)
9. Nebraska
10. Glory Days
11. Summertime Blues (Live)
12. All I’m Think About
13. This Hard Land
14. Held Up Without a Gun
15. Blinded By the Light

Top 15 John Prine Songs
1. That’s the Way that the World Goes Round (Live Version)
2. Sam Stone
3. Your Flag Decal Won’t Get You into Heaven Anymore
4. Quiet Man
5. Often is a Word I Seldom Use
6. Please Don’t Bury Me
7. Fish and Whistle
8. Leave the Lights On
9. Grandpa Was a Carpenter
10. Let’s Talk Dirty in Hawaiian
11. The Sins of Memphisto
12. Spanish Pipedream
13. Quit Hollerin at Me
14. Illigal Smile
15. The Accident

Top Ten Johnny Cash Songs
1. I Never Picked Cotton
2. Cocain Blues (Live version)
3. When the Man Comes Around
4. I’ve Been Everywhere
5. Folsom Prison Blues
6. I Walk the Line
7. Get Rythem
8. Boy Named Sue (Live Version)
9. The Ballad of Ira Hayes
10. Ring of Fire

Top Ten Beatles S0ngs
1. Don’t Pass Me By
2. I am the Walrus
3. Blackbird
4. The Ballad of John and Yoko
5. Back in the USSR
6. Rocky Raccoon
7. The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
8. Two of Us
9. Yellow Submarine
10. Sargent Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

2 Comments:

Blogger ZT Krugman said...

Your Beck list is shameful. Everything on Odelay is better than "Keg Party Girls"...get a grip man!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Blake Stockdale said...

You're savegly wrong man. Have you even heard the words to Keg Party Girls?

"Don't want a girl whoes your average night clubber,
Just want someone to Fuck with no rubber."

That's poetry man.

Besides you have Odelay overrated Mr. "Best album of all time."

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home