Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ratings

Nothing to groundbreaking here but just did a little housekeeping and thought I would share.

Music:
Here's how it was supposed to go. I was to rank Dave Edmunds "The Promised Land". It was not going to be great, somewhere between 500 and 550. But the thing is this... that would have given Dave Edmunds 50-100 points. Dave Edmunds is, as of this moment, roughly 20 points away from being one of my top 50 artists, which I feel he deserves to be. However, when I looked at the list of my favorite songs, I know "The Promised Land" did not deserve to be on it. It's a good song... but not good enough. So I guess Dave will have to wait for the next song of his that I like.

"Do You" by Electric Light Orchestra came out of left field to be number 517.

Johnny Cash's "Rock Island Line" came in at number 271. This leaves Johnny only 409 points behind John Prine for 6th place. Somehting I would have considered a long shot a couple months ago before I found "Get Rhythem" and "I Hung My Head"

Movies:
I have a big line of movies to rank that are all 5's and 6's which is of chorse very boring. Thus I was only able to get myself to rank 2 movies.

Brokeback Mountain: 6/10, 22nd best movie of 2002, 573rd best movie of all time

K-PAX: 5/10, 29th best movie of 2001, 656th best movie of all time.


Books:
Finally some big news. I finished the Shining. While the begining was extremely slow and I considered not finishing it caught up with a vengence at the end. This was the first time in a long time that I get genuinely scared from a book. Like I said I like Stephen King in spite of myself. Anyway I ranked The SHinging as my 30th favorite book of all time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home