Monday, February 20, 2006

Got a lot of Rating Done Last Night

So last night I finally caught up on a huge back-log of ranking things. Anyway here's what I got:

Movies:
I rated about ten movies but it was nothing exciting, mostly high 5's and low 6's (the most boring possible rankings)
Only one real ranking of Note:
Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - 8/10, 7th best movie of 2005, 207th best movie of all time.
Note* I am extremely excited about my next movie ratings. I most commonly rate back-logged movies in sets of four. My next four rankings are four Grizzly Man, Oldboy, Munich, and Boogie Nights. I expect (but am by no means certain) that my rankings of these movies will result in a 7, an 8, and two 9's. Which poses the question, "Are these the highest rated set of four consecutive movies that I ever watched for the first time in my life. The answer is probobly not since I watched all three old star wars movies in a row the first time I saw any of them. But I'm getting off topic here.

Books:
That book I told you I finally finished, "The Roaches Have No King" by Daniel Evan Weiss came in at 61st best book of all time. I know I don't talk about books as often so I will mention that My Ultimate Book List currently contains 110 entries. So the book was rated as (ok, not great). However I would like to mention that as a whole I tend to like the average-ranked books on the list much higher than I rank the average-ranked movies on the movie list. This is most likely because if I hate a book and don't have to read it for school I stop reading it. Where as if I hate a movie I'm still fairly likely to finish it. Thus (much like the music list) The book list is mostly filled with books that I liked.

Music:
Nothing to earth-shattering here. It is however noteworthy that of the last 6 songs that I added to my computer 5 of them made the top 600. I could attribute this to good luck in finding good music lately, but I think I'm just becoming more picky about what I put on my computer.
Anyway heres the rankings:
Shut up and Get on the Plane, Drive By Truckers, 207th
People Who Have Died, Jim Carroll Band, 263rd
Date Rape, Sublime, 488th
Kentuckey Fried Flow, Armand Van Helden, 535th
World Destruction, Public Image Limited, 574th

TV:
I remembered a couple of shows that I liked enough to put on the list. (This is the problem trying to make a list from memorey)
Anyway I added these two shows to the top 50:
Cheap Seats, 33rd
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 41st

Also upon watching a DVD's worth of episodes of "Mr. Show with Bob and Dave" I moved them up from 36th to 22nd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home