Monday, October 17, 2005

Top 25 Warren Zevon Quotes

1. I’d rather feel bad than not feel anything at all.
2. I’m very well acquainted with the seven deadly sins; I keep a busy schedule trying to fit them in. I’m proud to be a glutton and I don’t have time for sloth, I’m greedy and I’m angry and I don’t care who I cross.
3. It’s the home of the brave and the land of the free, where the less you know the better off you’ll be.
4. You can dream the American dream, but you sleep with the lights on and wake up with a scream.
5. I had the Shit till it all got smoked, I kept the promise till the vow got broke, I had to drink from the loving cup, I stood on the banks till the river rose up.
6. They say everything’s all right, they say better days are near, they tell us these are the good times… they don’t live around here.
7. I’d lay my head on the railroad tracks and wait for the double E, but the railroad don’t want no more of poor, poor pitiful me.
8. I’m sprawled across the davenport of despair.
9. I had a girl, now she’s gone, she left town, town burned down.
10. I turn on the TV to the third world war, open up the paper to world war 4, just when I thought it was safe to be bored, trouble waiting to happen.
11. Well I’ve seen everything there is to see, and I’ve heard all they have to say, I’ve done everything I wanted to do… yeah I done that too.
12. Time marches on, time stands still, time on my hands, time to kill, blood on my hands, and my hands in the till.
13. Don’t wanna wake up with no one beside me; don’t wanna take up with nobody new. Don’t want nobody coming by without calling first; don’t want nothing to do with you.
14. If California falls into the ocean like the mystics and statistics say it will, I predict this
motel will be standing, until I pay my bill.
15. Abandon all hope and don’t rock the boat and we’ll all make a few hundred grand, everybody’s trying to be a friend of mine, even a dog can shake hands.
16. Now as you take your pilgrimage I hope you find your grail, be loyal to the ones you leave with even if you fail. Be chivalrous to strangers you meet along the road, as you take that holy ride yourself to know.
17. He took little Suzie to the Jr. Prom. He raped her and killed her than he took her home. After 10 long years they let him out of the home. And he dug up her grave and built a cage with her bones. Well he’s just an excitable boy.
18. Your grasp has exceeded your reach, and you put all your faith in a figure of speech.
19. I’m going down to the Dewdrop Inn, see if I can drink enough. There ain’t much to country living… sweat, piss, jizz, and blood.
20. Than the ape grew very depressed, went through transactional analysis. Plays racquetball, runs in the rain. Still he’s shackled to that platinum chain.
21. I got a 38 special up on the shelf, if I start acting stupid I’ll shoot myself.
22. I’d kill my wife, or she’d kill me, but we got to go to work in the factory.
23. Grandpa pissed his pants again he don’t give a damn. Brother Billy has both guns on; he ain’t been right since Vietnam.
24. I’m going to Detox mansion, way out at last breath farm. I’ve been raking leaves with Liza; we at least cleaned up the yard.
25. Nuclear arms in the Middle East, Israel’s attacking the Iraqis, the Syrians are made at the Lebanese, and Baghdad does what ever she please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home