Monday, July 23, 2007

I totally wrote a horroscope in the Onion

I like many of you, possibly if you exist, enjoy reading national published free newspaper "The Onion". Over the years one of my favorite secions has always been the fake horroscopes. And during the time that I have enjoyed the Onion I have sometimes found the oppurtunity to write my own fake horroscopes. This was done mostly to kill time at unpleasent times such as class, home, family functions, at pretty much anywhere in life in general. Actually this may be overstating it a bit. This makes it sound like I wrote thousands of them. In fact I wrote them for a little while in high school and wrote maybe between 20 and 40 of them. I probobly wrote that many over a brief period in college as well.

While this is all very uninteresting for you am sure, I am going somewhere with this. The other day I read a horroscope that I am positive I wrote, word for word. I very distinctly remember writing it, and sharing it with others.

The horroscope in question reads thusly:
"Libra: Try as you might you will be unable to improve your mediocre putting game. Gee, some big fucking problems you got asshole."

No I can think of only 3 possibilities.
1. I shared this with someone either in high school or in college and they now work for The Onion and wrote this line.
2. I posted several of my horroscopes on the internet and someone saw this one and put it in The Onion.
3. It's a total coincidence.

I do wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home