Monday, July 31, 2006

Top 1,000 Songs: 401-500

Well after a huge huge break, we are ready to get into the top half of my top 1,000 songs. Were now getting into songs I like an awful lot, which means I'll have comments to make about alot of them. Enjoy:



401. Pumpin’ 4 the Man, Ween
402. Nebraska, Bruce Springsteen
- Beautiful song about star-crossed mass-murderers in love

403. You’ve Got Another Thing Coming, Pat Boone
- People make fun of Pat Boone's "In a Metal Mood" But this is really a good song

404. The Ballad of William Fink, Greenday
405. The Breakup Song, Greg Kihn Band
406. The Auctioneer, Gordon Lightfoot
- Lightfoot sings the choruses as an auctioneer, it's really cool

407. High Five, Beck
408. Somebody Told Me, The Killers
409. The Distance, Cake
- This once held the spot of my second favorite song of all time

410. Get Over It, The Eagles
- Heard this song on the first season of Road Rules... long time before I found out it was by the Eagles

411. Punk My the Book, Anti Flag
412. Paranoid, Black Sabath
413. John Wayne Lives in Hoboken, The Delavents
414. Sultans of Swing, Dire Straits
415. Weapon of Choice, Fatboy Slim
416. Orgasm Addict, Buzzcocks
- Probobly my favorite song about masturbating

417. Let Me Go, Cake
418. Dahmer is Dead, Violent Femmes
419. Breaking the Law, Judas Priest
- This song has actually proboblly moved up since I made this list... it's probobly top 300 now

420. Down with the Sickness, Richard Cheese
421. Die My Bride, The Murderdolls
- "Well I'd rather cut you than the wedding cake, and your bloody guts on my rented tux. And I do, I do, I do wanna kill you, Till death do us part now tear em' apart!"

422. Turn me Loose, Loverboy
- First heard this song while at the dentist getting my teeth drilled... which makes it surprising that I like it so much

423. Non Stop Spinning World, Less than Jake
- From the orginal "Street Sk8er" PS1 game... probobly the best soundtrack for a game ever

424. Play it All Night Long, Warren Zevon
- "I'm going down to the dew drop in, see if I can drink enough. There ain't much to country living: sweat, piss, jizz, and blood."

425. Voodoo Lady, Ween
426. The New Workout Plan, Kanye West
427. Hush, Kula Shaker
428. Bust a Move, Young MC
429. Heavy Metal Drummer, Wilco
430. The Ballad of Ira Hayes, Johnny Cash
431. The Generation Gap, Hoodoo Gurus
432. No Depression, Uncle Tupelo
433. Stickshifts and Safteybelts, Cake
434. Kamera, Wilco
435. Disorder and Disarray, Rancid
436. Rocking the Suburbs, Ben Folds
-Didn't really care for this song when it first came out, like it a lot now

437. Dear Kate, Dynamite Hack
- Heard this song about 100 times before I realized it was making fun of Kate Moss... very funny, good song

438. Sweet Sunshine, Beck
439. Shine, The Meat Puppets
440. Crazy Eddie’s Last Harrah, Reckless Kelly
441. Why Don’t You Get a Job, Offspring
442. My Guitar, Jump Little Children
443. Wild One, Iggy Pop
444. Novocain, Beck
445. Brimful of Asha, Corner Shop
446. The Break Up Song, Different Strokes
447. Mambo Number Five, Lou Bega
- This isn't my favorite song by a long shot, but it may be my favorite song to preform through the antion art of Kareoke

448. I’ve Never Been in a Riot, The Melkons
- The guy singing has a terrible voice and is hard to understand, the musicians play even worse than he sings, the lyrics are kinda stupid... but I still like this song a lot.

449. Detox Mansion, Warren Zevon
- "I've gone to Detox Mansion, way down on last breath farm. I've been raking leaves with Liza, me and Liz clean up the yard."

450. My TV is Watching Me, Mojo Nixon
- This song has 4 random statements I like alot:
1) "A solo-flex is nothing but a very expensive hat rack"
2) "My goal in life is to be picking my nose on TV"
3) "I was in Branson Moussori, and I was hooked on phonics"
4) "Malcolm X is a hat, Martin Luther King is a Street"

451. Dear John, Aden
452. Down, 311
453. Lonesome Cowboy Bill, Velvet Underground
454. Straight to Hell, The Urge
455. Cover of a Rolling Stone, Dr. Hook and the Medicine Crew
- Or as my mother reffers to them, "Dr. Hook and the Medicine Cabanit"

456. Porcelain Monkey, Warren Zevon
- Song about Elvis Pressley, helped me to learn the meaning of the words soberkei, lemet, and regecidal

457. The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side, The Magnetic Fields
458. You Better You Bet, The Who
459. The Safety Dance, Men Without Hats
460. Surf Wax America, Wheezer
461. I Need Candy, MC Pee Pants
- It's a joke song from an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, it gets stuck in my head like you wouldn't believe

462. Spiderman, They Might Be Giants
- This song envolves an army of Spiderman's children becoming an army and fighting for special intrest groups, and is still only the second strangest version of this song on my list

463. Truckdriving Neighbors Downstairs, Beck
464. New Skin, Incubus
465. Sheena is a Punk Rocker, Husker Du
466. Anigata-Di-Vida, Iron Butterfly
- Great song to play on a jukebox at a bar (Assuming its the 18 minute version)

467. The Greatest Cockney Ripoff, Cockney Rejects
468. Ohio, Bowling for Soup
469. Tooty Fruity Booty, KnifeHandChop
470. Mama Couldn’t Be Pursuaded, Warren Zevon
471. Truckers Atlas, Modest Mouse
472. Long Haired Country Boy, Charlie Danials Band
473. She’s a Rainbow, Rolling Stones
474. The Bird That You Can’t See, Apples in Stereo
475. Now That’s Over, SR-71
476. Sex Laws, Beck
477. Date Rape, Sublime
478. Moondance, Van Morrison
479. Mister Would You Please Help My Pony, Ween
480. Airline to Heaven, Wilco
481. Get Off This, Cracker
482. Testify, Rage Against the Machine
- "Who controls the past controls the future... who conrols the present controls the past"

483. Now I’m Here, Queen
- This song sound really cool on headphones... thought I might give you the heads up

484. Walking Contradiction, Greenday
485. Float On, Modest Mouse
- While I hate that this song most likely turned my second favorite band of all time into a one hit wonder I take consellation in the fact that my favorite singer of all time is already a one hit wonder and that the song is at least catchy as all hell

486. It’s Only Rock and Roll, Rolling Stones
487. Hell in a Bucket, The Greatful Dead
488. The Swish, The Hold Steady
- "My names Rick Danko babe but people call me one hour photo... I got some hazourdous chemiclas" "My names Steve Perry babe but people call me curcuit city... I'm so well connected"

489. Self Esteem, Offspring
490. I Hear You Knocking, Dave Edmunds
491. Shelter From the Storm, Bob Dylan
492. Crossroads (LP Version), Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony
493. Special, Violent Femmes
494. Everclear, Robert Earl Keen
495. Mr. Es Beautiful Blues, The Eels
496. Eureka I’ve Found Love, Upper Crust
- Easily the best of the bonus songs you can unlock in Guitar Hero

497. In Da Club, 50 Cent
498. Disorder in the House, Warren Zevon
- My all time favorite quote about America (regaurdless of the fact that I don't neccisarilly agree with it) "It's the home of the brave, and the land of the free... where the less you know, the better off you'll be."

499. Free Will, Rush
500. Lets Spend the Night Together, Rolling Stones

3 Comments:

Blogger ZT Krugman said...

I'm working at a place that plays 80's music 24/7 (well, 12/7...they're only open twelve hours a day). I have no idea how this would affect a hypothetical song list of mine, but I do know that Gary Neumann's "Cars" always makes me a little happier whilst serving food and drinks.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Blake Stockdale said...

Yes, I noticed Kwik Trip's play list was dominated by 80's music as well. And than that was just about all they played when I went to Valley Fair Yesterday. I'd say more but I feel this topic warrents its own post.

7:23 PM  
Blogger ZT Krugman said...

It certainly does. I do hope you address "Soussoudio" or however it's spelled. That song makes me work slower, and often causes me to insult customers...

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home