Sunday, July 09, 2006

Top 1,000 Songs 501-600

Were gonna finish up the bottom half of the list, were getting into some really good songs already with more great stuff ahead.


501. Branded, TV Themes
-My all time favorite TV Theme, used excellently in "The Big Lebowski"

502. Light and Day, The Polyphonic Spree
503. Regulaters, Warren G
504. Man of Constant Sorrow, Soggy Bottom Boys
505. Cadillac Ranch, Warren Zevon
- I actually like this one better than Bruce's version

506. Give it Away Now, Red Hot Chillie Peppers
507. W.S.Y.G.I.P.I.O.G., Pitch Shifter
- I actually don't know the name of this song, but I remember it was a whole lot of letters

508. I Would Walk 500 Miles, The Proclaimers
- This is the only song I've ever requested a band play where I actually got them to play it

509. Jump Around, House of Pain
510. Party Hard, Andrew WK
511. Dig Up Her Bones, The Misfits
- Listening to this song it occured to me that that it had the most commercial appeal of any song by the Misfits, except fot the fact that the title of the song is "Dig Up Her Bones"

512. The Devil’ Right Hand, The Highwaymen
513. Lake of Fire, Nirvana
514. Please Play this Song on the Radio, No/FX
515. Seven Nation Army, The White Stripes
516. Apache, Sugar Hill Gang
- Is it just me or does the last verse of this song sound like its being sung by Carlton from "Fresh Prince of Bell Air"?

517. The Envoy, Warren Zevon
518. Vigilanti Man, Warren Zevon and Hindu Love Gods
- Originally by Woody Guthri, theres also a pretty good version of this song by Nazareth

519. Summertime Blues, Bruce Springsteen
520. The Impresion That I Get, The Mighty Mighty Bostones
521. Spring Rain, The Go Betweens
522. All I’m Thinking About, Bruce Springsteen
523. Big Papa, Notorious BIG
524. Wild as the Wind, Steve Forbert
525. Walking on the Sun, Smash Mouth
526. I’ll Make Love to You, Punk Covers
527. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, Wilco
528. Werewolves of London (Live Accustic), Warren Zevon
- My favorite version of this song, Warren on piano, Jackson Browne on guitar

529. On a Plain, Nirvana
530. Do You, Electric Light Orchestra
- I had heard this song before, but didn't realize how much I liked it untill I heard it in that car commercial

531. Boys in the Hood, Dynamite Hack
532. Grand Central Station, Steve Forbert
533. Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh, Techno
- I don't think this is the name of the song, but its the one that goes like that

534. Scarecrow, Beck
535. A Certain Girl, Warren Zevon
536. Street Fighting Man, Rolling Stones
537. Take Me Out, Franz Ferdinand
538. Seminole Bingo, Warren Zevon
539. Rock This Town, Stray Cats
- I really enjoy Rockabilly music on those rare occasions that I hear it

540. Shotgun, Southern Culture on the Skids
541. Down to the Floor, Local H
542. We’re Not Gonna Take It, Twisted Sister
- For a lot of people "hair metal" is a curse word, but this is actually a really good song

543. The Fire, Franz Ferdinand
544. Like a Rolling Stone (Live), Bob Dylan
- Probobly the best possible song to sing loudly and incompetantly in your shower

545. The Accident, John Prine
546. Kentucky Fried Flow, Armehd Van Helden
547. Red Rubber Ball, The Seekers
548. Stupid Fucking Vegan, The Queers
549. Stay Away, Nirvana
550. La Grange, ZZ Top
551. Quit Hollarin’ at Me, John Prine
- "I don't want your big french fry, I don't want your car. I don't want to buy no soap from no washed up movie star."

552. Faith, Limp Bizkit
553. Love Goes On, The Go Betweens
554. Waiting For a Bus, Violent Femmes
555. Pick Up Lines, Dynamite Hack
556. Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top
557. Bark at the Moon, Ozzy Ozzbourne
-Guitar Hero turned me on to this song, its my favorite song to play in the game, and a good song just to listen to too

558. Stereo, Pavement
559. Just a Friend, Biz Markie
- I really like Biz Markie, I wish he could have done a tour with Wesley Willis before he died

560. Two of Us, Beatles
- When I learned John and Paul wrote this song together when they hated each other it added a whole nother great demention to this song.

561. Walt Witman’s Niece, Billy Bragg
562. Stream Running Over, Apples in Stereo
563. Renagade, Styx
- Next time you play pool put some money in the Jukebox and play these four songs in this order: 1. Hair of the Dog, Nazareth 2. Glory Days, Bruce Springsteen 3. Renagade, Styx 4. Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon

564. Prettty Fly, Offspring
565. She’s Automatic, Rancid
566. Ruby Tuesday, Rolling Stones
567. American Girl, Tom Petty
568. Lust For Life, Iggy Pop
569. Fire Water Burn, Bloodhound Gangs
570. Boredom, The Buzzcocks
571. Welcome to the Jungle, Guns-N-Roses
One of my top ten all time song lyrics: "We are the people that can find whatever you may need, if you got the money honey we got your disease"

572. This Hard Land, Bruce Springsteen
573. Deutscher Girls, Adam and the Ants
574. After the Goldrush, Neil Young
- I have conflicting feelings about this song. The music is extremely beautiful. The lyrics are very depressing, plus my sister walked down the isle to it

575. Heroin, Velvet Underground
576. Way Down the Line, Offspring
577. Where It’s At, Beck
578. Roller Coaster of Love, Red Hot Chillie Peppers
579. Rock N Roll High School, Ramones
580. Spider, They Might Be Giants
- If I become famous I would like to have the nickname "Spider" and than have this song be my theme song... this probobly won't happen

581. Way Over Younder in the Minor Key, Billy Bragg
582. Malfunction Junction, Drivin’ N’ Cryin’
583. Rebel Yell, Billy Idol
584. What I Like About You, The Romantics
585. Leaving on a Jet Plane, Drvin’ N’ Cryin’
586. From Small Things, Dave Edmunds
587. Der Kommisar, After the Fire
588. Push It, Salt-N-Peppa
- At the beginning of this song the singer says "This song ain't for everybody, only the sexy people." I would really enjoy if someone heard that and than left the dance floor

589. Get Free, The Vines
- This song could be higher if I didn't hate the lead singers voice so much

590. Back That Ass Up, Juvenile
591. Never Ending Math Equation, Modest Mouse
592. Sissyneck, Beck
-"I got a stolen wife and a rimestone life, and some good old boys. I'm writing my will on a three dollar bill in the evening times."

593. Da Dip, Freak Nasty
- I really think someone should do a cover of this song in German, something tells me it would be a hit

594. Tangled Up in Blue, Bob Dylan
595. Chicago Seemed Tired Last Night, The Hold Steady
596. Hit Somebody, Warren Zevon
- Written with the help of Hunter S. Thompson, back-up vocals by David Letterman... I'm not kidding

597. My Sharona, The Knack
598. Rock Lobster, The B-52s
599. Boom Boom Mancini, Warren Zevon
600. Happy Together, The Turtles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home