Friday, August 26, 2005

New Bands List

Do to a round of critisizms for my previous list of my favorite bands based on an algebraic formula I decided to make a new list.

For this new list I look at my favorite 500 songs. Song #1 is worth 500 points, # 3 is worth 498 points, # 460 is worth 41 points, etc. Anyway I'm going to give you both lists together. The first row is the old system the second is the new system.

1. Modest Mouse Warren Zevon
2. Warren Zevon Modest Mouse
3. Beck Beck
4. Bruce Springsteen The Violent Fems
5. The Violent Fems Bruce Springsteen
6. John Prine John Prine
7. The Offspring The Beatles
8. The Beatles Johnny Cash
9. Johnny Cash Rage Against the Machine
10. Nirvana The Bouncing Souls
11. Rancid Rancid
12. Rage Against the Machine The Beastie Boys
13. The Ramones Nirvana
14. Rolling Stones The Ramones
15. Cake Cake
16. The Bouncing Souls The Rolling Stones
17. Beastie Boys The Offspring
18. Greenday The Magnetic Fields
19. The Dead Kennedys The Dead Kennedys
20. Velvet Underground The White Stripes
21. The Magnetic Fields The Velvet Underground
22. Husker Du Husker Du
23. Queen Dynamite Hack
24. Dynamite Hack Billy Joel
25. The Misfits Steve Earle
26. Man... or Astroman? Man... or Astroman?
27. The White Stripeds Greenday
28. Camper Van Beethoven The Misfits
29. The Clash Queen
30. Andrew WK Jump Little Children
31. Steve Earle Camper Van Beethoven
32. Billy Joel Generation X
33. Jump Little Children Andrew WK
34. Sweet Sweet
35. They Might Be Giants Stiff Little FIngers
36. Buzzcocks The Damned
37. Generation X Joe Jackson
38. The Who The Strokes
39. Stiff Little Fingers The Buzzcocks
40. Eminem The Clash
41. The Strokes The WHo
42. The Damned Blink 182
43. Billy Bragg They Migh Be Giants
44. Joe Jackson Billy Bragg
45. Tenacious D Eminem
46. Kid Rock Guster
47. Limp Bizkit Bloodhound Gangs
48. Blink 182 Tom Jones
49. The Zambonies The Zambonies
50. Dave Edmunds Dave Edmunds

On the whole I think I like the second list more. I prefer Warren Zevon as a favorite Artits to Modest Mouse, now that their so popular. I also like the big drops from Offspring and Greenday. I think their new positions are much more indicative of my acctual feelings for those bands. I was also pleased with the jump The Beastie Boys were able to make. I think this second list will be my official bands list... for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger ZT Krugman said...

I still don't like your list...mostly because you have terrible taste in music. I'm positive I can come up with a much cooler list of bands. I'll just have to lie to myself and say I like Velvet Underground more than I do...

9:00 PM  
Blogger Blake Stockdale said...

That's the thing... with a mathmatical equation you can't lie to yourself. I would love to put Velvet Underground higher, and Man or Astroman? as well. And I'm well aware of the fact that I have Rage Against the Machine way too high... but its math... theres nothing I can do.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home